December 11, 2007

Plumper Pumpkin Tree Farm



Last Friday we went and picked out our family Christmas tree. The weather was perfect, meaning dry, and the skies were clear. I strapped Taylor to my back in his backpack and we hiked around at Plumper Pumpkin Farm out near Helvetia to find the perfect Christmas tree. (May I add that my shoulders still hurt after having my 29 pound beast on my back?!) After circling and circling and looking every tree up and down at least twice, we came back to the first one we saw that we liked. At least we think it's the same one, but who knows the difference after awhile. Needless to say, we found a tree that we were excited to take home. Trask, the manly man that he is, did the sawing, while Taylor and I gladly watched and cheered him on. We ended up with a 5-1/2 foot noble, my most favorite of trees, on the top of our car to take back home.

Not only did we pick out a tree at the farm, but we hiked around the property and checked everything else out. We met a sweet cat named TJ, and saw some freshly hatched chicks. Trask made friends with a couple bunnies, as well. We played with some goats and got kissed by some baby cows (their tongues are so scratchy!) and even saw pigs play fighting, and Trask was getting threatened by a llama that wanted to spit in his face. The day couldn't have gone any better!

Our tree is now up and decorated and somehow the decorations have remained up, despite Taylor's efforts to try and re-decorate. He is doing pretty well listening when we tell him to be gentle, so that's good. We have a fake 3 foot tree in his room for him to decorate with soft ornaments, so that's all his to play with. It's worked keeping him out of trouble, for the most part, and so far! There are still 2 weeks until Christmas! I decided not to keep any presents under the tree yet, I don't want to torture the poor soul with gifts that he can't open... not that he wants the gifts, but most likely just the wrapping paper!!

Merry Christmas to all... more posts to come soon.


1 comment:

Carrie Hutchings said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time...I am jealous of your Christmas tree. We haven't put one up yet this year and honestly I don't know if it's going to happen. We have been so busy and I can imagine trying to take it down and get the house back to normal at 39 weeks preggo. Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!