January 14, 2008

2nd night

Last night in the toddler bed did not go as smoothly as the first night - what a tease that was!

Taylor went to bed at about 9:20 or so, and the fussing began at 1 AM, then again at 1:15, and 1:30 and 1:45 and then at 3:30. The last time I went to check on him, at 3:30, he was in his room crying and crying, and it kind of sounded like he had a bad dream. I guess this because his cry sounded scared. So I ran down the hall to go see him and I see him running towards me with his arms in the air. I picked him up and took him to our room to finish sleeping, that way Trask and I could get some sleep, as well as Taylor. We'll continue working on the big boy bed. It was funny to see Taylor walking around on his own because every other time he would fuss in his new bed and I would check on him, he would just be perched in his bed, sitting up and looking around, acting like his bed was too high to escape from. He finally caught on now and realizes that he can roam. I am sure mischief will be calling his name in the nights to come...

Hopefully tomorrow night goes a bit better. We handled it okay though, just alternating who got up with him to pat his back and rub his forehead back to sleep.

2 comments:

Aunt Michelle said...

It WILL get better. Exactly WHEN is the key word. In the meantime, I think I'll carry around a few toothpicks for your eyes! The only advice I can offer is follow this through to your goal. Love you!

Jill said...

It will get better...slooowwwwwly...Byron stayed in bed AWESOME for the first week, then all of the sudden, he seemed to wonder "What's stopping me from getting up whenever I want?" That, of course, led to him popping out of bed as soon as we laid him down, over and over and over, so that by the time he finally have up and fell asleep, it could be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour and a half of getting out of bed. Then for about 3 months, he would get up in the middle of the night at least once and come into our room, we'd take him back, he'd go back to sleep...EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! Now, he's sleeping thru the night again, but he's still bouncing out of bed a million times at bedtime! Maybe Tator will be a good boy and be faster at going down for bed than his buddy Byron!