August 25, 2008

diagnosed

Just got back from the doctor's office with Taylor - they wanted to see him, thank goodness.

Turns out, he's allergic to amoxicillan and won't have it ever again. Yahoo. I feel so much better now knowing what is going on with my kidlet.

To treat the reaction he'll be on Motrin around the clock, Zyrtec 2 times a day and Orapred (steroid) once per day for 10 days. The Zyrtec may make him sleepy, but the steroid will make him hyper, aggressive and hungry. Oh my Lord! This is going to be interesting! I feel like he going to use his steroids as an excuse to be extra violent and sassy. Yikes.

On top of everything, he has a virus too, giving him a low fever, snotty nose, cough and diarrhea. However, we got the OK to go to Suttle Lake, so life is very good.

There's your update!

1 comment:

Carrie Hutchings said...

Wow, I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going on with Tay! Should be an interesting next 10 days or so. :)