September 8, 2008

Suttle Lake 08

Just wanted to share a few pictures from our Suttle Lake 08 Camping Trip. It was a lovely camping trip, and it's always an adventure with a two year old. We'll save the stories for another post. I can say this: we are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I count my blessings daily, and they are always a part of that.


Taylor decided to take a dip in the cold lake - but it didn't seem to bother him one bit. Who wouldn't want to swim when you have neon green aqua socks though, come on...

We camped with: Aunt Janelle, Katie, Nick, Aunt Michelle, Ryan, Jenn, Scott, Amanda, Gram and Paul, Grammie and Aunt Karlie. There were pups there for Taylor to play with, too, although Maddie stayed home. Taylor played with Lily the pug puppy, Shelby the sweet black lab and little Diesel, the jack russel. It was so much fun!

Taylor got a little homesick on Saturday night, so we packed up camp a few days early, but we still loved every moment at Suttle Lake, playing Aggravation (and losing to Michelle, as always), playing Rummy with my cousins, learning Texas Speed from Karlie and playing Nertz with Trask and my mom and sister. Taylor also got to go on a boat ride with the guys on Nick's new boat. Lucky kid. On the boat he ate Doritos, had guy talk and made fart noises with his mouth (and other parts) along with my cousin Ryan. A dream come true for boys.

More later - we promise!


4 comments:

Jill said...

Yay, a new post! I love the pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun, especially Taylor and his new "Man" experiences. Love you guys!!!!

nertzfan said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Carrie Hutchings said...

Aww, what fun pictures. I'm glad you guys had such a good time.

Tami said...

So cute! I love that first picture.