October 23, 2008

will he ever sleep?

While we were blessed with a wonderful son, a hilarious prankster, a sweetheart of a boy, we were not blessed with a sleeper. That is just how it is. We have been consistent, firm, tried many different things, read many books, established a predictable routine, but truth be told, Taylor still isn't a great sleeper.

How many times has he slept all through the night, you ask. Less than 10, we answer. Yes, less than 10. In 27 months. Jealous? Yeah, I didn't think you would be.

Taylor and I are both feeling sick lately, so that means extra-bad nights, which I totally understand. He feels like poop, can't breathe and keeps coughing and wheezing and snoring - I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Oh wait, we don't get to sleep anyway, that's right.

The poor kidlet came into our room every 20 minutes or so from 10pm until 2am. Trask is more tired than I am, I am guessing, but still, it's so exhausting! I am sure we'll be passing this cold around from family member to family member for awhile, isn't that how it always goes?!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ugh, we've got the same thing over here! It must be contagious, even two and a half hours away! And Wade even has it, and he's in Salem! I'd give you a big fat hug if I could! :) Love you!

Carrie Hutchings said...

I'm definitely not jealous :)
Eva's coming down with the sickies too which means that most likely pretty soon Aaron and I will have it to. Hope you all start feeling better soon.