January 22, 2009

two and a half

Today Taylor turned two and a half!! It's so weird to me that he's already half-way to three. He's growing so fast, I feel like each morning he wakes up taller, and he has the jeans that are too-short to prove it, he's going through clothes like nobody's business.

Today is a big day, as we started researching preschools for Taylor. Preschools. Can you even believe it? I can't. Not one bit. He turns three in July, so he'll get to start preschool in September. Holy Moly.

We found this preschool that we are really excited to check into. The teacher is super nice and the school seems like so much fun. It's called Happy Hearts Preschool. I think we'll go check it out soon with Taylor and see what it's like. He'd be there Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11:30. I don't know what I'll do with myself! I have stayed home with him for forever. I know he'll love it though, I just know he's going to love school and gobble it up.

On to other things Taylor has been up to... hmmm. Where to start?

When Taylor has done something naughty and we're trying to tell him no or talk to him he likes to try to distract us. Usually he says one of two things. First, he says, in a real exasperated voice, 'I am so fast, I am so fast.' The other distraction phrase he uses is, 'I am crazy, Mom, crazy.' Sometimes these phrases work, other times they do not. It's a gamble.

Taylor likes to wake up in the morning demanding to watch football. This is the first thing he says to me when he wakes up. I sometimes imagine him saying, 'Good morning, Mommy, you look lovely today' but almost always it's: 'Moooooommy, I wanna watch some fooootball, mease.' (mease is how he says please.)

Taylor knows all of the characters from The Office by heart. He can look at the DVD cover and name them off. He also thinks that Trask works at The Office with Jim, Dwight and the rest of the gang. He also always wants to play ping pong, and loves to practice his kung-fu moves (compliments of Kung Fu Panda) with flying air kicks at the traffic driving by or at plants, or at me and Trask. He kicks very hard.

Happy two and a half years, Taylor Daniel, it's been a pleasure. You're a treat - hysterical, sweet, loving, thoughtful and random. You are so loved!


2 comments:

w said...

nice. sentimental. etc etc.

i almost cried when i dropped off big girl to preschool for the first time last year... but instead, i invested the energy in shopping.

Tami said...

We have some amazing kung fu going on at our house, too.