May 21, 2009

Sauvie's Island

On Sunday we went to Sauvie's Island with Taylor to go play in the water and lay in the sand. The weather was PERFECT and there was a great breeze, making the day just that much better. I did a lot of lounging on the blanket while Taylor and Trask played in the sand and water. I then hear this conversation my 2 guys are having with this 10-11 year old boy...

Boy: Your kid is cute.

Trask: Thanks. He likes you!

Taylor is splashing him and laughing a lot.

Boy: How old is your son?

Trask: He'll be 3 in July.

Boy: I see he's mastered the cross-eye.

speechless.


I couldn't stop laughing. Taylor had his glasses off while he was playing in the water, and yes, he had in fact, mastered the cross-eye.

3 comments:

Carrie Hutchings said...

Oh man, the funny things that kids say.

Jill said...

I can only imagine the look on Trask's face!!! ;) Cute little Taylor, he's a babe even with the mastering of the cross-eye!

Sara said...

this never gets old. I've read it like ten times and it's still funny.