August 13, 2009

bigger + bigger

Today is a big day for Taylor!

We're going on a picnic with his preschool teachers and classmates (returning and new) today at 11:30. Taylor seems to be very excited for this, and that makes me excited for him. I can't believe my baby is growing up, and growing up so quickly. I will edit this post later and let everyone know how the picnic went. Please pray that I have dry eyes and can semi-control my insane hormones.

On another note, Taylor has HUGE feet. The lady at the shoe store was shocked that Taylor is now in a children's size 11 and he just turned three. But then she looked at Trask. And looked down at his feet. Suddenly it all made sense to her. Beasts. Cute beasts. Needless to say, the tens that Taylor was wearing were a BIT snug! (why do I always do this to my kid?!). Taylor got 3 new pairs of shoes in one day. Sounds like how it used to be for me, long ago!!

We'll also have to go school clothes shopping for the big boy, as he's outgrown all his pants during the summer, and somehow I can't see Trask being okay with Taylor wearing manpris (capris for men - duh). It's never going to slow down, is it? This is why we have more children, isn't it? I think I'm finally catching on.

Aside from the preschool picnic that we've been looking forward to, and shoe shopping, Taylor got to play with his Aunt Summer and Cousin Liam yesterday when we went over there to bring Summer hot chocolate and keep her company. That little Liam is such a blessing, and Taylor adores him. It's comforting to see him be okay with me spending a lot of time with a baby, and being so patient. We'll see how that goes when it's HIS little brother or little sister in my arms. I can already tell he's going to be an enthusiastic helper.

Okay, off to get ready for the preschool picnic!!

PS: The preschool picnic was great. Taylor was super shy of the teachers at first, but he got warmed up and loved playing with all the kids on the playground. He eventually warmed up to the teachers and actually let them talk to him. He's excited for preschool, where Teacher Susan told him they have a train unit, a bug unit and a dinosaur unit. All things Taylor told Susan that he loved.

2 comments:

Sara said...

can't wait to hear how it went!

Tami said...

I put some Levi's on Payton the other day, and he had manpri's too. Heading to the Levi outlet Saturday. LOL