August 26, 2009

three year check up

Taylor went to his 3-year check up on Monday and was a great boy. Doctor visits are tricky for 3-year olds. Like they would ever choose to go in a room, get in their undies and sit on the table.

Taylor did fine except for when he had to be on the table. I remember when he was a baby, he loved playing with the paper, but that trick doesn't work to distract him any longer.

Taylor weighed in at 40 pounds (90-95th percentile) and measured 39-1/2 inches tall (95th percentile). His doctor said he'll be big and tall like his daddy in no time, if not taller. My gosh! I wonder when Taylor will be my height. Probably when he's like in 5th grade.

Taylor and I have had a busy week, and today we've decided to stay home and clean. He is a big fan of helping me out, so has been using wipes to clean the fridge and the floor and whatever else he feels like, the dog included. We've been working with putting away our toys before we go on to other toys, but when he starts picking up, he gets distracted and just keeps playing with the ones he's supposed to be putting away, which is fine with me.

Not much else is going on. Just getting ready for preschool and also for our annual Suttle Lake camping trip. Taylor is super excited for it this year. We'll see how he does in the tent, last year was rough!

We hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments: