September 10, 2009

it's almost preschool time!

You guys, Taylor is doing amazing getting ready for preschool! His excitement and enthusiasm puts me at ease, and now I am just so excited for him to learn and love school. Getting him ready for school makes me miss school so much, do other parents go through that or am I just strange?

Last week Taylor and I volunteered in the classroom, helping the teachers get the classroom ready for the school year to begin. Taylor took to it RIGHT AWAY and played on the playground with classmates and Teacher Pam while I was in the classroom hanging posters and putting together paper packets and such. I peeked out the window at Taylor to see him picking a flower and giving it to his teacher. My eyes welled up with tears seeing such a sweet thing, and they are welling up now just typing this.

It was fun to watch Taylor interact with the kids and teacher, and to see him come inside for a snack, sit in a circle, wash his hands, etc, all without needing me. This totally put me at ease. He is going to do fine. There may be some tears from him on the first day or so, but I know that he is going to love school. He starts this Tuesday. In five days. I am not sure where my baby went, but he's growing up and going to school! I couldn't be more proud of him.

Looking at his school schedule, my heart smiles with joy to see that there will be a holiday and spring singing program. I can't even begin to express how happy that makes me, along with ordering Scholastic books, preschool t-shirts and seeing something about a Thanksgiving feast at 10:30 am. This is going to be such a fun school year.

Tonight is Open House at the preschool. Taylor gets to have his picture taken for his choice time heart and he gets to pick out his coat hook.
Trask is coming along with us, so it'll be fun for the whole family. Can't believe I am getting all choked up about a coat hook...

We'll keep friends and family posted on Taylor's adjustment to preschool and all the other things that has been keeping us insanely busy.

We love you all!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Good for Taylor! He's going to be a superstar! What a sweet little boy. ;) I hate that they're growing up so fast :*( Makes me sad.