November 5, 2009

cold + flu season


Despite our tremendous efforts to stay germ-free this season, Taylor has caught a bug. I am sure it'll only be a matter of time until he shares it with his Mommy and Daddy. We've been working super hard to keep me healthy during this time in my pregnancy.

He's been sick since Monday evening or Tuesday morning, and missed school on Tuesday and again today. He's super bummed about missing out on class and his friends, and probably his girlfriend, and I feel so bad for him.

He's had a low-grade fever, and now a cough, congestion and sneezing. He keeps telling me he's not sick and it's just allergies. He also keeps telling me sorry that he is sick - breaks my heart that he's apologizing for being sick.

You wouldn't be able to tell Taylor is feeling crummy based on his behavior. He's been a sweet guy the whole time, and his spirits are high. This helps. It's hard to keep him resting and to keep him inside, so for now, he's been tying up his bike (inside) with dog leashes. This makes me laugh because my sister used to tie everything up when she was little, too, and it's just too weird to see that he is just like his Aunt Karlie! Booby traps everywhere!!

Another thing that is keeping Taylor occupied is this old camera that my Grandpa gave me when I was in 5th grade, while I had a photography mentor. I have had it kept up high, but Taylor is getting a kick out of playing with it, so it provides hours (yes, hours) of entertainment. Last night we found a roll of film in it and Taylor was boggled as to what film was! Makes me feel old!

Keep Tay in your thoughts as he gets over these germs. We appreciate it!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Nothing to do with this post, but "Carsten Trask!" I love it!!!

Carrie Hutchings said...

Aw, Eva's just come down with a cold too. It's no fun but at least he's still being his lovable self while sick. Hope he feels better soon.